If you’ve spilled water on your MacBook and it’s no longer working, Apple may have given you a repair bill of $1000+ or even told you that the Mac is not repairable. But don’t worry! MacBook water damage is a common but very stressful issue. However, the fix is easier than you might think.
We are a Mac repair specialist in Melbourne with 25 years of experience repairing water-damaged MacBooks. We can fix your MacBook in 2 days for a fraction of Apple’s quoted price. Most water-damaged Mac laptops, be it a MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Pro TouchBar, are absolutely salvageable.
Liquid or water-damaged MacBooks can be professionally repaired at a reasonable cost. Most customers leave our store paying between $250-$600, depending on their problem and the MacBook model. The degree of damage depends on how you handle the liquid spill. If you switch the MacBook off immediately after the spill and NEVER turn it on again, you pretty much guarantee your beloved MacBook is repairable and at a much lower cost. Severe damage happens at the moment you turn on a liquid-damaged and then dried MacBook.
After receiving your MacBook, we will perform a diagnostic assessment. We will let you know what has been liquid-damaged and how much it costs to repair or replace. For customers who use our postal service, we inform you which component(s) most likely have been damaged and the faulty component(s) costs before you post the MacBook to us.
Yes, in most cases. From our experience of repairing hundreds of water-damaged MacBooks every year, the components being damaged from likely to unlikely are in this order: logic board, keyboard, touchpad, battery, screen, and hard drive. So your data is quite safe as long as it is in a removable hard drive, be it an SSD or a conventional spinning hard drive. Since 2015, Apple started to integrate (solder) the SSD chips onto the logic board. This new design makes Mac data recovery much harder. We provide Mac data recovery on MacBook Pro TouchBar models from 2016-2017. We can recover the data in the SSD chips via the emergency port known as “lifeboat". Apple removes the “lifeboat" port and encrypts the data with the Apple T2 Security Chip in all 2018 models onwards. For those MacBooks, the only way to recover the data is to repair the logic board and make the MacBook at least temporarily working. If the logic board is not repairable, the data will be definitely gone.
We are very proud of our 300+ Five-star rating on Google Reviews, and we always work hard to maintain the top rating by providing excellent services to every customer. Before making a repair decision, please check out what our customers said on the Google Reviews below:
MacBook water damage repair procedures involve completely disassembling the MacBook, cleaning, repairing or replacing the keyboard, screen, hard drive, touchpad, battery, speakers, connecting cables and the most important one: logic board. We will inspect the logic board under a microscope and replace all the burned or corroded chips by micro soldering. We use advanced equipment combined with the Apple logic board schematic diagrams to identify and replace the remaining faulty chips that a microscope cannot spot. We stand out in the crowd by providing this type of logic board repair service at the chip level. After it is repaired, the logic board will be cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner and dried in an oven, ready for assembly.
If your logic board has been damaged beyond economically feasible repair, our wide stock of replacement logic boards will get your MacBook back to work quickly at a reasonable extra cost in only one day. A 90-day return-to-base warranty covers all our work.
Follow this link Google My Business where we show how we tackle Mac hardware problems and some practical tips. As a leading Apple logic board repair company, we also share our knowledge and experiences with our computer service community on our blog.
We understand the importance of your MacBook and your data. We aim to provide personalised mail-in service to give you peace of mind if you are not in Melbourne. For More info, please see our MacBook repair mail-in service procedure.
We will disassemble the water-damaged MacBook completely.
* The keyboard, touchpad, screen, battery and case will be hand-cleaned and tested by a junior technician.
* The logic board and SSD drive will be inspected under a microscope by a technician with micro-soldering skills. Any corroded and burned chips will be replaced.
* The whole logic board will be submerged into the electronic-friendly solution inside an ultrasonic cleaner for intensive cleaning. The board will be dried in an oven at around 100 degrees for a few minutes.
* The logic board then will be powered up and tested on a test bench and ready for assembly if it passed the test.
* If the board failed to pass the test, it will be passed to an experienced engineer. The engineer will identify and replace the remaining faulty chips which a microscope could not spot. The engineer may use a multimeter, oscilloscope and logic analyzer to conduct comprehensive measurements to pinpoint the faulty chips among the many thousands on the logic board. The availability of Apple’s logic board schematic (electronic diagrams) will significantly increase troubleshooting productivity, sometimes is vital to determining the success or failure of the repair
* All the parts will be assembled back to the case. We will fully test the MacBook with the ASD (Apple Service Diagnostic) and other third-party testing software.
Spilt water on your Mac? No worries, get your water-damaged MacBook repaired today before it rusts away. Contact us along with your MacBook model and fault description. Our experienced staff will call you to discuss your options based on your current situation.